- The Great Game - Legion Wargames
- Bloody Monday - VentoNuovo Games
- Armageddon War - Flying Pig Games
- The Big Push - The Game Crafter
- Peak of the Caucasus - World at War
- Skies above the Reich - GMT
- Hatten - MMP
- The Wars of Marcus Aurelius - HollandSpiele
- Waterloo Episode 7: Battles of Waterloo - GMT
- Advanced Squad Leader
- Memory 44
- Team Yankee - Game Report
- CR Saga Crusades
- Black Powder 2 Warlord Games
- Tank (Battlefront) vs What a Tanker (Too Fat Lardies)
- The Great War - Nuts!
- Pyrrhic Scenarios - AdG
- Colonial period (CR battle)
- Deserted scenery (continued)
- Interview Philippe Thibault
Art of War
- Pyrrhus in Italy
- Kiev 1943
Game with pre-cut counters
In -280, Pyrrhus, King of Epirus and nephew of Alexander the Great, landed with his phalanxes and elephants to defend the Greek cities of southern Italy and Sicily. Rome was then at war against the Samnites and the Etruscans. In barely three years, Pyrrhus found himself thirty kilometres from Rome and became King of Sicily. He repulsed the Romans and Carthaginians at the cost of terrible losses. Who can defeat him? The Carthaginian fifteenths by attacking him in the Strait of Messina or the legionaries of Rome terrified by elephants? or perhaps the Italians and Greeks who change alliances every day. Only the goddess Fortuna knows this.
- Complexity: 5/10
- Duration: 1 to 3 hours
- One unit: 500 to 2,000 soldiers or 10 elephants or 10 siege weapons or 10 quinqueremes.
- Modules: 1 strategic and 1 tactical module
- 1 game round: 6 months
Be the first to review this game
You have to be logged to submit reviews.