Play as assassins, cult leaders, blackguards and more!
Inspired by the writings of authors such as Kate Elliot, Joe Abercrombie, Sarah Monette, Glen Cook, Anna Smith Spark, Scott Lynch, and many others, For Coin & Blood is a dark fantasy role-playing game about anti-heroes, thieves, and assassins, rooted in the darkest corner of humanity's depredations.
Some of the new features in the second edition:
- Improved and clarified resolution of skill tests.
- Revised attribute names and descriptions to better fit the theme.
- The Diabolist: a cruel and dark summoner of demons
- The Enforcer: A fearsome killer of humanity
- The Machiavellian: a scheming and scheming noble
- The Witch Hunter: a killer of mages and magic users
- Improved rules for mercenaries, ownership, and more.
- Legacy XP, so you can build your next character while you play!
- Poisons and firearms, as well as revised equipment rules.
- Rules for: artifacts, corruption points, smuggling, investigations, travel and movement, mass battles, light, expanded enemy lists (including specific demons to summon and the pacts they offer!)
- A complete scenario for your adventures (with maps!)
- Over 10 pages of illustrations by Ger Curti (that's about 5 half pages, 4 new character illustrations, enemy illustrations, 20 point illustrations, and maps!), a new cover by Daniel Jimbert (the one from the Spanish translation!), new fiction by game author Mari Murdock, and much more!
- Powered by a modified d20 system inspired by classic role-playing games, For Coin & Blood has many familiar aspects. The way you roll dice, the details about classes, levels, and spells will look familiar, but we've made a few changes (even more than in the previous edition!) First, damage is tied to class and then modified by weapons, for a smoother, yet more realistic mechanic. Second, we've overhauled stat generation with a "locked-chain" method of generating attributes, added clearer skill rules (including how to upgrade skill dice), and revamped enemies and monsters (and added a conversion section so you can convert other classic era enemies from any book in your game collection that might fit!).
Be the first to review this game
You have to be logged to submit reviews.