Let the masters of monsters guide you!
Classic monsters can become obsolete. Game masters often need to create their own creatures to challenge the players. But designing, creating, and using monsters is no small task for a game master, and that's what this book is all about.
In these pages, 15 of the game industry's brightest stars share their wisdom for conceptualizing, developing, and maximizing the "Wow!" factor of monsters. Step by step, the authors show how to develop a new idea - or modify an existing one - then refine and test the design and get the most out of the creature.
Feel like creating a monster from mythology or pop culture? Use elements of psychology to fuel your monsters' motivations? Get tips when your players try to befriend a beast? This book is for you!
With simple but effective techniques, these experts demonstrate how to :
- make the best use of an opponent's environment and resources
- use common sense motivations to guide a creature's behavior and choices
- develop realistic alternatives to simple combat and death
- capture the attention of each player with strong, sensory descriptions
- make monsters a work of art!
Be the first to review this game
You have to be logged to submit reviews.