The Naval Act of 1794 established a permanent standing navy on 27 March 1794, in the US. Prior to this, a US Naval military presence had been left wanting for 10 years. By October 1797, the first three of six frigates launched; the USS United States, USS Constellation, and USS Constitution.
Between 1798 and 99, several engagements took place between the US and France - though this was not a declared war. The First Barbary War of 1801-1805 saw actions against the Barbary pirates.
The fleet would then see substantial action in the War of 1812 - achieving victory in 11 single ship engagements against the Royal Navy. British forces were forced off Lake Erie and Lake Champlain, effectively preventing the invasion of New York State. The fleet was, however, unable to prevent British blockades of US ports, the British Navy being significantly larger.
US Navy Fleet contents:
- 2 over gunned resin frigates
- 3 plastic frigates
- 6 plastic brigs
- 1 bomb ships base
- A selection of metal figureheads and backplates for famous US Navy Ships:
- USS Chesapeake - a 38 gun frigate
- USS Congress - a 38 gun frigate
- USS Constellation - a 38 gun frigate
- US Navy Flags, Sails & ratline sheets + Bobbin for Rigging
- Game cards and wake markers
Vessels on a 1/700 scale, supplied unassembled and unpainted.
Be the first to review this game
You have to be logged to submit reviews.